Why does my community need a Radar Speed Sign?
Radar Speed Signs have been shown to have an effect on speed reduction in numerous studies. Some of the most common situations where a radar speed sign is effective are:
- To respond to complaints of speeding from residents.
- To make a zone prone to excessive speeding and accidents safer.
- To help small police departments who cannot deploy officers for enforcement at all hours and in all places where speeding infractions occur.
- To make drivers aware of a speed limit reduction in areas where a highway passes through a community.
- To practice soft enforcement, a widely popular solution to speeding that educates rather than represses motorists.
- To gather traffic data: this is useful in deciding when to deploy officers for additional enforcement or to make a case for future road improvements or speed limit changes.
- To slow drivers down without the expense and inconvenience of speed bumps.